Most of the sculptures purchased by Henry Clay Frick were from the Italian Renaissance. Notable in the Collection are works by Vecchietta, Laurana, Francesco da Sangallo, Antonio Pollaiuolo, Riccio, and Severo da Ravenna. Frick's earliest purchases of French sculpture seem to have been chosen to fit in with the decorative schemes of the house. Evidently, the first sculpture he bought, in 1914, was the Lemoyne Garden Vase for the interior courtyard; later he obtained remarkable works by Coysevox, Houdon, and Clodion. A number of splendid early North European sculptures are also in the Collection, above all the bust of the Duke of Alba by Jonghelinck, the Multscher reliquary bust, and bronzes traditionally ascribed to Adriaen de Vries and Hubert Gerhard.