Past Exhibition: Six Paintings on Loan from the Greentree Foundation
The Greentree Foundation generously lent to The Frick Collection for a period of one year six master paintings from the former collection of Mr. and Mrs. John Hay Whitney. The group included Corot's Cottage and Mill by a Torrent (Morvan or Auvergne), 1831; Manet's Racecourse at the Bois de Boulogne, 1872; Degas' Before the Race, 1882-88, and Landscape with Mounted Horsemen, c. 1892; Picasso's Boy with a Pipe, 1905; and Redon's Flowers in a Green Vase, c. 1910. The selection reflected the Whitneys' interest in art produced in France in the nineteenth and twentieth centuries, which formed the core of their renowned collection. The six paintings, displayed in the Garden Court, were accompanied by an illustrated brochure.