The Frick Collection and Frick Art Reference Library records consist of correspondence and memoranda, photographs, architectural records, minutes, ledgers, financial and legal documents, printed material, scrapbooks, and audio-visual materials documenting the founding and administration of the Collection and the Library.
The Frick Collection records date from 1881 to the present with the majority dating from 1931, when the transformation of the Frick residence into a public museum began. Records document lectures, symposia, and concerts held at the Collection, as well as building construction and renovation projects, exhibitions, and art acquisitions. Of particular interest are Henry Clay Frick's art collecting files, dating from 1881 to 1920.
The Frick Art Reference Library records, which begin with Helen Clay Frick's founding of the Library in 1920, document the acquisition of books, exhibition and auction catalogs, photographs and related material, as well as photograph expeditions, lectures, and staff research projects.
Below is a current list of The Frick Collection and Frick Art Reference Library records, each with a brief description and links to the finding aid and catalog record when available. Please note that some institutional records of the Collection and Library are restricted.