Bookmark is laminated with explanatory text on the reverse side.
The Frick Collection is housed in the former home of Henry Clay Frick (1849-1919), the Pittsburgh coke and steel industrialist. Frick asked the American architect Thomas Hastings for his house to be "kept simple and conservatice in every way". The result, erected in 1913-14, was a low-lying neoclassical Indiana limestone building. The front facade on Fifth Avenue is an early example of the Louis XVI revival. With eleven windows on two floors and an attic story, it is anchored by a cental portico three windows wide, set off by four two-story Ionic pilasters and fronted by low, wide steps. The building opened to the public in 1935.
For more information, please see Building The Frick Collection, An Introduction to the House and Its Collection, by Colin B. Bailey, 2009, The Frick Collection