The Frick Collection Blueprint Mug and Tray

The design for this mug and tray was taken from an original 1913 blueprint of the north elevation of the New York home of Henry Clay Frick (1849–1919). Designed by the American architect Thomas Hastings (1860–1929), the north elevation was the more baroque wing of the building, with its coupled columns, pavilion-loggia, and façade of seven pilaster bays on Seventy-first street, and evoked French King Louis XIV’s Grand Trianon from the late seventeenth century.

In 1935, another American architect, John Russell Pope (1873–1937), transformed the home into a museum and designed the Frick Art Reference Library on Seventy-first Street. The area that the Library now occupies is on the left side of the blueprint, adjacent to what is now the West Gallery of the museum.

mug (4 x 3 inches)
tray (5 x 8 inches)
Non-Member Price: 
Member Price: 
Mug (sold separately)
Tray (sold separately)