To celebrate its 75th anniversary in 2010, the Frick launched a new orientation film. Narrated by members of the Frick's senior staff, this eleven-minute presentation was produced and directed by the award-winning filmmaker Christopher Noey.
From Mansion to Museum: The Frick Collection Celebrates Seventy-Five Years
June 22, 2010 to September 5, 2010 It was the desire of Henry Clay Frick (1849–1919) that his extraordinary art collection and magnificent home at 1 East 70 Street be opened as a museum following his family's period of residence. After the death of his wife, Adelaide, in 1931, the mansion, built in 1913–14 by Thomas Hastings (1860–1929) of Carrère and Hastings, underwent further construction in order to transform it into a space suitable as a public institution.