In order for all our visitors to have the most enjoyable experience possible and to help us preserve the collection for the enjoyment of many generations of visitors to come, we ask you to kindly observe the following guidelines, which may also be downloaded and printed (see below).
- Follow this link for photography guidelines.
- Please do not touch the paintings, the sculpture, or the furniture.
- Please do not sit on the floor or on the furniture that has been cordoned off.
- Free checking is provided in the coatroom for the following items, which must be checked: coats (unless they are going to be worn), packages, large umbrellas, and large handbags.
- Small umbrellas may be taken into the galleries but only in bags issued by the Collection.
- Travel luggage, camping backpacks, and garment bags are not permitted in the coatroom.
- The use of cell phones, radios, or other music devices is not permitted in the galleries.
- Non service animals, scooters, skateboards, skates, and Segway Human Transporters are not permitted.
- Eating, drinking, and smoking (including e-cigarettes) are not permitted.
- Lecturing is not permitted, although groups of six people or fewer are allowed to convene in the galleries to discuss works of art quietly and without disturbing other visitors.
- Visitors will not be admitted to the Collection after 5:40 p.m., Tuesday to Saturday, and after 4:40 p.m. on Sundays.
- The permanent collection galleries will begin to close ten minutes before closing; special exhibition galleries will close fifteen minutes before closing.
- All public restrooms close ten minutes before closing.
- For more information, see our FAQ section.