In order for all our visitors to have the most enjoyable experience possible and to help us preserve the collection for the enjoyment of many generations of visitors to come, we ask you to kindly observe the following guidelines, which may also be downloaded and printed (see below).
- Follow this link for security procedures.
- Follow this link for photography guidelines.
- Follow this link for coatroom policies.
- Visitors are prohibited from touching the paintings, sculpture, furniture and other objects on display.
- Sitting on the floor or on the furniture that has been cordoned off is not permitted.
- Small umbrellas may be taken into the galleries but only in bags issued by the Collection.
- Speaking on a cell phone or using a radio or other music device is not permitted in the galleries.
- Non-service animals, scooters, skateboards, skates, and Segway Human Transporters are not permitted.
- Eating, drinking, and smoking (including e-cigarettes) are not permitted.
- Lecturing is not permitted, although groups of six people or fewer are allowed to convene in the galleries to discuss works of art quietly and without disturbing other visitors.
- Visitors will not be admitted to the Collection after 5:30 p.m., Tuesday to Saturday, and after 4:30 p.m. on Sundays.
- The permanent collection galleries will begin to close ten minutes before closing; special exhibition galleries will close fifteen minutes before closing.
- All public restrooms close ten minutes before closing.
- For more information, see our FAQ section.