East Vestibule

This small vestibule was the site of the original entrance to the mansion. The relatively modest ceiling was in accordance with Frick’s vision for a house “kept simple and conservative in every way.” Ahead to the left are the two original elevators, still in use today.

Archival Photographs

  • interior with staircase to left and archway over doors to outside

    Entrance Hall (now known as the East Vestibule), 1927

  • photo of archway, vestibule and side of staircase, with lighting fixture, circa 1927

    Frick residence Entrance Hall, now known as the East Vestibule, 1927