In 1916 and 1918, Norman McClintock was invited to film the Frick family at their country estate, Eagle Rock, in Prides Crossing, Mass. These films depict the Fricks and their friends in a variety of leisure activities such as card playing, golfing, and having tea. They represent the only known moving images of Henry Clay Frick, and the earliest moving images of his wife, children, and grandchildren. By the 1920s, Helen Clay Frick had a motion picture camera of her own, and she enjoyed filming scenes of family and friends at Eagle Rock, as well as at her farm in Bedford, N.Y., and her brother's estate in Roslyn, N.Y.
The Frick Art Reference Library has been engaged in a project to digitize and preserve these films since 2001. Funding for preserving and digitizing the films has come from the Gladys Krieble Delmas Foundation and the Helen Clay Frick Foundation.