The Frick Collection is closed. Please refer to this page for updates. »


Tours and Open Houses

In partnership with Open House New York (OHNY) Weekend — an annual festival that celebrates design and architecture in the city’s five boroughs — the Frick Art Reference Library will offer architectural tours of the French revival building, home to one of the world’s greatest art research collections. Designed by John Russell Pope and completed in 1934, the building boasted many innovative features for its day, including air-conditioned stacks and dumb-waiters to move books between floors in conjunction with a Telautograph system. Tours require registration. See the OHNY site for details.