Reception Hall

Between 1940 and 1972, the trustees of The Frick Collection acquired three adjoining properties with plans to build an additional wing and garden. The final structure, designed by John Barrington Bayley, with Harry Van Dyke and G. Frederick Poehler, was completed in 1977. It includes a Reception Hall, Coat Room, and Shop; its lower floor houses exhibition galleries.

Archival Photographs

  • photo of hall with chandeliers, benches, glass doors, circa 1977

    Reception Hall, looking north, 1977

  • photo of hall with wood floor, chandelier, and large glass door and bench, circa 1977

    Reception Hall, northeast corner, 1977