In the spring of 2001, visitors had the opportunity to view at close range two recently restored candelabra dating to the reign of Louis XVI. These extraordinary examples of French craftsmanship and design incorporate white marble, lapis lazuli, patinated bronze, and gilt bronze and brass. While it is difficult to attribute such multifaceted works to one creator, these pieces may fall within the oeuvre of Pierre-Philippe Thomire (1751-1843), who executed several similarly inventive works. Displayed since 1935 at considerable distance from the public — beyond ropes on the Staircase landing — the candelabra were on view without barriers in the Cabinet gallery of the Collection. They were presented with information on the treatment they received this winter from the Frick's new Conservator of Objects, Barbara Roberts. In the future — as part of an educational approach to conservation efforts at the Frick — other works from the Collection will be highlighted in a similar manner and accompanied by information about conservation treatments and history.