photo of Music Room of the Frick Collection

Music Room

Added to the Collection’s buildings in 1935 by John Russell Pope, this room today is host to a wide array of lecture and spoken-word programs and an annual ten-program concert series.

Archival Photographs

  • photo of circular room with paintings and stage, circa 1935

    Music Room, 1935

  • photo of room with empty seats and door, circa 1963

    Music Room, 1963

  • photo of round room with empty chairs and aisle leading to doorway, circa 1966

    Music Room, 1966

  • photo of dome-like room with empty chairs, stage and curtain, circa 1966

    Music Room, 1966