The Frick Collection is pleased to present an exhibition of fourteen extraordinary paintings from The Cleveland Museum of Art from November 8, 2006, through January 28, 2007. This exciting opportunity is a result of the major expansion and renovation project currently underway at the famed Cleveland, Ohio, institution, where ground-breaking last autumn was followed by a temporary gallery closure between January and fall 2006. The exhibition in the Frick’s Oval Room and Garden Court features paintings by Fra Filippo Lippi (1406–1469), Andrea del Sarto (1486–1530), El Greco (1541–1614), Annibale Carracci (c. 1560–1609), Michelangelo Merisi da Caravaggio (1573–1610), Frans Hals (c. 1581–1666), Georges de La Tour (1593–1652), Valentin de Boulogne (1591?–1632), Nicolas Poussin (1594–1665), Francisco de Zurbarán (1598–1664), Diego de Velázquez (1599–1660), Jacques Louis David (1748–1825), and J.M.W. Turner (1775–1851). The installation is organized by Colin B. Bailey, Chief Curator of The Frick Collection, with the assistance of Margaret Iacono, Assistant Curator, in collaboration with The Cleveland Museum of Art. Presentation of the exhibition is made possible, in part, by the generous support of Melvin R. Seiden in honor of Sherman Lee and by Mr. and Mrs. Walter A. Eberstadt in honor of Michael J. Horvitz. The publication is made possible, in part, by Lawrence and Julie Salander.
Open six days a week: 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. on Tuesdays through Saturdays; 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Sundays. Closed Mondays, New Year’s Day, Independence Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas Day. Limited hours (11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.) on Lincoln’s Birthday, Election Day, and Veterans Day.
PLEASE NOTE TO YOUR READERS: Children under ten are not admitted to the Collection.
$22; senior citizens $17; students $12; “pay what you wish” on Wednesdays from 2 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
#6 local to 68th Street station; #Q to 72nd Street station; Bus: M1, M2, M3, and M4 southbound on Fifth Avenue to 72nd Street and northbound on Madison Avenue to 70th Street.
Included in the price of admission is an Acoustiguide Audio Tour of the permanent collection. The tour is offered in six languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, and Spanish.
The shop is open the same days as the Museum, closing fifteen minutes before the institution.
Please call 212.288.0700 for details and to make reservations.
A calendar of events is published regularly and is available upon request.