The Portico Gallery was opened in 2011. Originally a covered walkway that faced the Fifth Avenue lawn, the Portico was designed by Thomas Hastings, the architect of the mansion. The architectural firm Davis Brody Bond enclosed the original Portico on the south side with glass while preserving the existing limestone walls, Ionic columns, and ceiling to create an exhibition space for sculpture and ceramics and other decorative arts.
Past ExhibitionFired by Passion: Masterpieces of Du Paquier Porcelain from the Sullivan Collection, June 8, 2017 to August 12, 2018
- Fired by Passion (2017)
- Porcelain, No Simple Matter: Arlene Shechet and the Arnhold Collection (2016)
- From Sèvres to Fifth Avenue: French Porcelain at The Frick Collection (2015)
- Enlightenment and Beauty: Sculptures by Houdon and Clodion (2014)
- Precision and Splendor (2013)
- White Gold: Highlights from the Arnhold Collection of Meissen Porcelain (2011)