The Frick Collection has continued to expand its holdings in the decades following Henry Clay Frick's death in 1919. Since then, nearly half of the Collection's paintings and several important sculptures and decorative art objects have been acquired.
Sèvres Porcelain Manufactory
Gilded by Jean-Armand Fallot (active 1764–1790)
Vase Japon, 1774
Hard-paste porcelain; silver-gilt mounts
H. 10 1/2 in. (26.7 cm), diam. 8 in. (20.3 cm)
Purchase in honor of Anne L. Poulet, 2011 (2011.9.01)
A rare and beautiful vase created at the Sèvres porcelain manufactory was acquired in honor of Director Emerita Anne L. Poulet on the occasion of her retirement. The vase, a partial Frick purchase and a partial gift from Alexis and Nicolas Kugel, is the first piece of hard-paste Sèvres porcelain to enter the collection. MORE »
Domenico Beccafumi (1486–1551)
Head of a Man (recto); Sketch for the Façade of the Palazzo Borghesi, Siena; Seated Putti (verso), ca. 1512–14
Red chalk (recto); pen and brown ink and black chalk (verso), on paper
8 ¼ x 5 ¼ in.
Gift from Mrs. Barbara Fleischman in honor of Colin B. Bailey (2011.3.01)
This double-sided work is likely by the Sienese artist Domenico Beccafumi (1486–1551), recognized as one of the greatest draftsmen of the Cinquecento. The sheet was given to the Frick by Trustee Barbara G. Fleischman in honor of then Deputy Director and Peter Jay Sharp Chief Curator Colin B. Bailey. MORE »