Follow this link for more information about the Frick Art Reference Library.
Frick Art Reference Library
The creation, growth, and present-day role of The Frick Art Reference Library was the focus of a special exhibition marking the seventieth anniversary of the founding of the institution. The first section of the exhibition surveyed the Library's history from its foundation to the present. Photographs, architectural plans, records, maps, newspaper clippings, and artifacts documented the Library's growth from its early acquisition of materials to the time of the construction of the first building (1924) and the current location (1935) at 10 East 71st Street.
In 1916 and 1918, Norman McClintock was invited to film the Frick family at their country estate, Eagle Rock, in Prides Crossing, Mass. These films depict the Fricks and their friends in a variety of leisure activities such as card playing, golfing, and having tea. They represent the only known moving images of Henry Clay Frick, and the earliest moving images of his wife, children, and grandchildren.