Children under 10 are not admitted.
COVID-19 Health and Safety
The health and safety of our visitors and staff is extremely important to us.
- Masks that cover the nose and mouth are strongly encouraged for all visitors to Frick Madison.
- Visitors are no longer required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination to enter Frick Madison.
- Please practice social distancing and stay six feet apart from others not in your party.
- Hand washing is encouraged. Hand sanitizer stations are also located throughout the building.
- Please consult the Center for Disease Control and Prevention website for up-to-date information on COVID-19.
An inherent risk of exposure to the COVID-19 virus exists in any public space where people are present. Those visiting voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19, other infectious conditions, and other hazards that may be present in a public space.
About your timed ticket:
- You may not enter prior to the time listed on your ticket.
- Please do not arrive more than 10 minutes after your scheduled time slot.
- Tickets are non-transferable.
- The price of your ticket can be applied toward the purchase of a Frick Membership for up to one month from the date of your visit.
If you become sick and cannot use your ticket, please contact us to reschedule or to receive a refund: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 212-547-6849.
We strive for all visitors, program attendees, guests, and staff at Frick Madison to be safe and free from statements and behavior deemed to be abusive, discriminatory, threatening, or otherwise inappropriate. We reserve the right to remove anyone who violates this policy.
Upon entering, a security officer will conduct a hand-check of all bags, briefcases, purses, packages, and containers.
We strictly prohibit firearms or weapons of any kind. We also prohibit objects including knives, scissors, tools, spray paint, liquids, beverages, and any other item the Frick deems to be a concern.
- Visitors will not be admitted to the museum after 5:30 p.m.
- The galleries will begin to close at 5:45 p.m.
- All public restrooms close 10 minutes before closing.
Coat Check Policies
- Oversized items must be left in the coat check. Visitors are not permitted to carry oversized items into the galleries.
- Oversized items include, but are not limited to, garment bags and camera extension poles.
- Luggage cannot be accepted at the coat check. This includes checkable luggage, carry-on luggage, wheeled/oversized duffel bags, and camping backpacks.
In the Galleries
The following are not permitted in the galleries:
- Touching the paintings, sculpture, furniture, and other objects on display
- Eating and drinking (including use of water bottles)
- Speaking on a cell phone or using a radio or other music device
- Sitting on the floor or on cordoned-off furniture
- Smoking (including use of e-cigarettes)
- Your presence at Frick Madison acknowledges that you have been informed of the potential to be photographed or filmed, and that you grant permission for your likeness to be published.
Sketching in the Galleries
- All visitors are permitted to sketch in the galleries of Frick Madison on paper that does not exceed 12 x 18 inches and with charcoal or lead pencils only.
- The use of pens, colored pencils, oil paints, easels, and watercolors is not allowed.
- Individuals sketching in the galleries may not interfere with the flow of visitors through the galleries and are subject to further direction from Frick Madison Security staff, as necessary.
Check out our online programs.
In order to protect the works of art, visitors are required to comply with the following rules regarding photography:
- Still photography without flash for personal use by means of phones, hand-held cameras, and tablet devices is permitted only in the Lobby and may not include objects there that are explicitly prohibited by notice.
- Camera extension poles, videography, and use of a tripod are not permitted at any time. When taking photographs, please be courteous to other museum visitors by not blocking their view or impeding their movement.
- Use of such photography for commercial purposes is not allowed. For questions regarding rights and reproduction, please contact email@example.com.
The museum reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to withhold and/or withdraw permission to photograph on its premises or to reproduce photographs of objects in its collection.