Children under 10 are not admitted.
COVID-19 Health and Safety
The health and safety of our visitors and staff is extremely important to us.
- Masks that cover the nose and mouth must be worn at all times by visitors and staff.
- Attendance at the museum is limited to 25% capacity.
- Your temperature will be taken upon entry. If your temperature exceeds recommended guidelines we will ask you to choose to return another time, or you will have the option to have your ticket refunded.
- Social distancing is strictly enforced. Please stay 6 feet apart from others not in your party.
- The coat check is currently closed. Visitors are not allowed to carry oversized items into the galleries.
- Please adhere to the visitor flow patterns created for your safety as well as the maximum capacity of our elevators.
- Hand washing is encouraged. Hand sanitizer stations are also located throughout the building.
- The New York State COVID-19 Travel Advisory requires visitors from certain states or countries to quarantine for 10 days.
By purchasing a ticket your name and email address are collected for possible contact tracing purposes. If you do not wish to be contacted in this way, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
An inherent risk of exposure to the COVID-19 virus exists in any public space where people are present. Those visiting voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19, other infectious conditions, and other hazards that may be present in a public space.
About your timed-entry ticket:
- You may not enter prior to the time listed on your ticket.
- Please do not arrive more than 10 minutes after your scheduled time slot.
- Re-entry will not be permitted.
- Tickets are non-transferable.
- The price of your ticket can be applied toward the purchase of a Frick Membership for up to one month from the date of your visit.
If you become sick and cannot use your ticket, please contact us to reschedule or to receive a refund: email@example.com or call 212-547-6849.
The health and safety of The Frick Collection’s visitors and staff is of the highest importance. When you visit the Frick, you will encounter security measures to ensure your safety.
We ask for your patience, cooperation, and assistance in maintaining a safe environment.
Your temperature will be taken before entry into the Lobby. If a specific reading exceeds recommended guidelines, you will not be admitted. Your ticket will then be refunded or exchanged for another day.
To ensure the safety of the collection, one of our security personnel will conduct a hand-check of all bags, briefcases, purses, and containers.
The following items are not permitted: guns, knives, scissors, tools, spray paint, liquids, beverages, or any other object the Frick deems to be a concern.
- Visitors will not be admitted to the museum after 5:30 p.m.
- The galleries will begin to close at 5:45 p.m.
- All public restrooms close 10 minutes before closing.
Coat Room Policies
- To protect the health and safety of our visitors and staff, the coat check is currently closed.
- Oversized items are not permitted to be carried into the galleries. These items include, but are not limited to, travel luggage, camping backpacks, garment bags, and camera extension poles.
In the Galleries
- Visitors are prohibited from touching the paintings, sculpture, furniture, and other objects on display.
- Lecturing is not permitted.
- Sitting on the floor or on cordoned-off furniture is not permitted.
- Speaking on a cell phone or using a radio or other music device is not permitted in the galleries.
- Eating, drinking, and smoking (including e-cigarettes) are not permitted.
- Your presence at Frick Madison acknowledges that you have been informed of the potential to be photographed or filmed, and that you grant permission for your likeness to be published.
Sketching in the Galleries
- All visitors are permitted to sketch in the galleries of Frick Madison on paper that does not exceed 12 x 18 inches and with charcoal or lead pencils only.
- The use of pens, colored pencils, oil paints, easels, and watercolors is not allowed.
- Individuals sketching in the galleries may not interfere with the flow of visitors through the galleries and are subject to further direction from Frick Madison Security staff, as necessary.
Check out our online programs.
In order to protect the works of art, visitors are required to comply with the following rules regarding photography:
- Still photography without flash for personal use by means of phones, hand-held cameras, and tablet devices is permitted only in the Lobby and may not include objects there that are explicitly prohibited by notice.
- Camera extension poles, videography, and use of a tripod are not permitted at any time. When taking photographs, please be courteous to other museum visitors by not blocking their view or impeding their movement.
- Use of such photography for commercial purposes is not allowed. For questions regarding rights and reproduction, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The museum reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to withhold and/or withdraw permission to photograph on its premises or to reproduce photographs of objects in its collection.